Friday 4 September 2009

College course dates for first part

Well, following the Flexible New Deal meeting, the woman from college, who remembered me from before, rang today for starting a 3 day course (common to all the "Learn a New Skill" courses), of Employability Skills on the Monday (that is CVs, interviews etc, pretty much repeating what I did on "Routeways" I suppose), First Aid on Tuesday (that could be useful to me as I've never done it before but employers often like folks to have it), and Microsoft Office on Wednesday (Word's the only part I use at home, so wouldn't mind the refresher). I did have quite a rapport with the woman in question and actually had laughs catching up on phone, as she said there'd be people on this course in various situations but all in the same boat as regards being unemployed.

No comments:

Post a Comment