Wednesday 23 March 2011

Interview feedback

Must admit didn't feel too good about yesterday's interview. I'd parked and walked up the road in the address following the internet map, not seeing any sign of the premises and reached a named road which was past it on the map, and looking ahead it all looked residential so turned back to see what I'd missed and walked on the other side of the road, by which time it was gone 10. I eventually found it looking carefully at each junction, it had been concealed by a hedge with only a very small gap and a more prominent entrance on the side road, the time was about 10:07.

Didn't wait long to go in upon arrival, there were two interviewers, it broke the ice early on when they said "don't know if you know much about us but we're builders" so I got to drop a mention of their work on one local historic building and one modern one that I'd read about from their website. They described their setup and the role, pretty like other accounts roles I've had, then very unusually said "anything you'd like to ask us now?" which really caught me on the hop as I'm used to there being many questions from interviewer to me before that. I hesitated a bit then, really felt the nervousness in contemplating whether this was the right time to mention my disability, decided I'd probably best do so now, also raising the work trial scheme. They'd said there were normally 4 people (including this role) based in the office so whether that's enough to have the supplier contact I wouldn't be able to do I don't know. It was a bit more positive after that when I got chance to talk through what accounts packages I'd used and how doing my club accounts on computer has kept my hand in while out of paid work. They did say they were interviewing for most of today.

No comments:

Post a Comment