Early this month several posts came up at the hospital again which the Flexible Routeways guy showed me.
They all have "Person Specifications" and sure enough there was:
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to keep calm when pressured.
- Ability to communicate confidential information
- Must be a good team player
- Confident approach (yeah having aspergers means I'm anything but "confident")
One specifically had:
- Good verbal and written communication skills to enable liaison with:
- Relatives/ carers
- Multi-Disciplinary Team
- Colleagues in other Departments across organisation/ external agencies/ organisations
I know I'm certainly not calm when pressured and as for the one with the contact with relatives and carers they'd be likely to be very stressed and angry, and quite why the Flexible Routeways guy thought I could do this .....
Another position somewhere completely different had some potential on with finance aspect, but again talked of phone contact. There's always a "sods law" catch somewhere.